Saturday, March 7, 2015

Let the Little Children Come to Me!

                      (From Matthew 18, 19, Mark 10, Luke 18, and the Jesus Storybook Bible)
I'm sure you notice the modern day clothes and the microphone on Jesus. I thought this picture was so cute. The man acting as Jesus gets mobbed by little kids who know that the real Jesus loves children!
Jesus' friends argued about who was the most important to God. They had forgotten that they didn't need to do anything to prove themselves to God, like be clever or nice. They forgot that God's love is a gift. And who knows a lot about gifts? Children!

Jesus' friends tried to send the children away. "Jesus is busy," they said. But Jesus always had time for children. He said, "Bring the little children to me, and don't ever send them away." He didn't wait to see if they would behave themselves, but sat them on his lap, told them stories, and made them laugh.
He told his friends, "No matter how big you grow, never grow up so much that you lose your child's heart: full of trust in God. Be like these children. They are the most important in the kingdom."

+++
Jesus, I get so worried about whether I am good enough. I compare myself to others. I try and try to be better and impress them, and you. But then... I see you there... welcoming the little children, though they do not have it all together... though they are beggars for your love! I want to be a beggar for your love, too, and come to you with empty hands. Come and receive your delight in me. What am I waiting for, when you are there with open arms?

No comments:

Post a Comment